Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Not just any store

OH MY GOODNESS!!!

Have you been to Harbor Freight?

I have been to my share of quilt stores. Those just being in the Indiana area. But that is neither here nor there...wait I must go back a few days.

I was showing Josh (the boyfriend) what i use in my Snap-its to make them SNAPPY. He was amazed! Tape measure, yes, a tape measure. I cut the yellow strips into short pieces that fit in the casing of my accessories. I have used duct tape on the ends, so the sharp edges don't cut through my fabric. I told him that I wanted something different to ensure the edges are covered and the time I would spend on cutting duct tape is used else where. SO.......a trip to Harbor Freight was on the schedule for today!

Back to today. Josh pointed out a can of "goo" as I see it. Its used to coat the handles of tools. Screwdrivers, pliers, etc....you get the picture!
So, as I was reading the directions on the back of the can, I decided this process would be a little too difficult for me, for what I am needing. It was kind of expensive as well. I may come back to it, unless I find something better. Mean time I'll be back to the Dollar Tree for duct tape..lol

Below is what I did find while at Harbor Freight
-Plastic cups (red)
-Black rubber strip, to place under my foot. I'll post photos for better detail.
-2 magnets 
     *One for my wrist, so I can remove pins as I'm sewing without dragging my pin cushion everywhere. 
     *The other is a magnetic tray for pins as well. (I have been known to be a klutz and dump pins everywhere.) This will prevent that!
-Carabiner clip, of course, for my keys. Although I'm sure I'll have other uses for the clips.
-3 piece set of pliers. There are somethings I just don't want to cut with my good fabric only scissors. These will come is handy!
-Last but not least the folding knife. It looks like a key! There have been many times I have needed to cut a string or open a package and I would have to wait til I got home. Of course what boyfriend wouldn't have a knife on him?? Silly question. :)


FYI: 
Take a trip into your nearest Harbor Freight. I not have a Christmas list 3 miles long. I am one happy girl! 

Back to what I said in the beginning about going to quilt stores. That place is like a quilt store for guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment